Do You Visualize Your Dreams?
Back in 2005, Jack Canfield spoke at my company’s National Conference in St. Louis for an hour promoting his new book, The Success Principles. I was captivated by what he shared and purchased it as soon as I returned home. The more I read, the more I felt his words magnetically pulled me—they inspired something deep within my soul.
Several months later I purchased the audiobook and listened to it every time I got in the car. Wanting to immerse myself in the principles, I inquired about Canfield’s 6-month coaching program. After a ninety-minute interview, they accepted me into it, which was great news—until I heard the cost—$3,500.
At the time, I was struggling to pay off a $50,000 debt left over from my divorce. I had managed to repay around $24,000, but I had no savings and a mere $4,000 on my Discover card. However, I knew that I needed to do this, so I went to the bank and took out a cash advance for the payment.
It was my first leap of faith.
Fast-forward to June 24, 2019. I attended Jack’s “One Day to Greatness” event in Philadelphia, and once more, I felt propelled into action. This time I decided to start my day with meditation, visualization, yoga, and journaling. One of my dreams I visualized was a testimonial from Jack that I could use for my book, website, and business.
A few weeks before the event, I mailed him a copy of my book, Struck by Lightning: My Journey from the Shadow to the Light. During the VIP luncheon, I stood up and asked for the testimonial. His response was expected—he answered that he gets inundated with requests, but did promise to look at my book. Fair enough.
Staying committed to my routine, I let go of the need to have things happen when I thought they should. Then, out of the blue, I received an email from Jack, himself. In the email, he asked if he could use Chapter 18—Leaps of Faith, Miracles, and Manifestations, in his book, Living the Success Principles. Are you kidding me? Of course, you can.
My visualization manifested in less than two months!
Here are a few techniques I have used in the past and have had incredible results with:
- Live in the present moment. Begin a meditation and mindfulness practice if you haven’t already. If you say you don’t have time or are too busy, you’ve already lost any chance of realizing your dreams and goals. The only time you can manifest (or heal) is in the present moment.
Do your visualization right after your meditation practice—focusing on the breath and being present deepens the impact of visualization.
Read your dreams and goals out loud. Close your eyes after reading each one and see and feel the feelings of it as if it were completed.
When each goal is complete, let go of it, and enjoy your day being in the ‘now.’
2. Create a vision board. A vision board, when placed where you can see it every day, is a tool that keeps your dreams in the forefront of your mind and helps you visualize your goals regularly.
Visualization is a critical factor in the Law of Attraction—everything you need to achieve your dreams is magnetized and attracted to you, whether it is people, finances, opportunities.
Here’s how to start:
- Create a list of everything you want in life—more money, a relationship, health, etc.
- Find old magazines or pamphlets with fantastic pictures in them.
- Pick out the ones that resonate with you or represent your dreams.
- Paste them to a poster board.
- Write words that inspire you and affirm how you want to feel.
- Take a few minutes every day and pull the images and words into your psyche.
It is very effective to do this before you go to bed each night. Therefore, it is recommended you place your dream board on your nightstand or somewhere close by where you can see it.
3. Use index cards. One of the things my Canfield coach suggested that I do was write an affirmation on an index card and carry it with me at all times. It does work—and fast! The universe loves speed!
Three months into my coaching program, I complained to my coach I had reached a plateau and felt I could not pay off my remaining debt. He replied, “By saying this, you are attracting more debt,” and had me write the following affirmation on a 3 x 5 index card—Money flows easily and abundantly to me.
I did as he suggested, and within eight days, I had wiped clean my financial liabilities by winning the Supre Prize Jackpot at the Borgata Hotel & Casino for $35,574!
These are just a few examples of how visualization worked for me, but the principles work for everyone, you need to apply them.
So, wouldn’t NOW be a great time to start?
For more information on visualization, contact me.